Still not on a beach in Mexico, but closer!

After the crisco pop disaster, I couldn't wait to try again. The main issue was obvious, but they also just weren't sweet enough. Or interesting enough at all. This time I remembered to get coconut milk instead of coconut cream, so I was already way ahead of the game!

1 can pineapple
1 can coconut MILK :)
1 lime, zest and juice
Half a carton of cool whip

And the verdict is- yum, but not YUM! The lime was definitely a plus, I loved the zest especially! Some people might prefer these pops strained, the pineapple is a touch stringy. But I liked them more textured. My main problem is they are more pineappley than coconutty. I was going to add Coco Lopez instead of cool whip for sweetness, but I didn't have enough. Next time I'll try that and maybe add half the pineapple. Bottom line- These were fun to eat and I could be perfectly content with the recipe as is, but I may keep tweaking them for that WOW factor.
0 Responses