If you like pina coladas...

I happen to love pina coladas and I've had a super simple popsicle recipe sitting on my pinterest board for years now that I have not made. Here's the recipe- 1 can pineapple chunks, 1 can coconut milk, and a tsp of vanilla. Here was the promise- It would be my "new crack." Clearly, this person has never tried any crack of any kind, because what a let down. Without sugar, the coconut flavor doesn't "pop" like a pina colada ought to. Honestly, these turned out truly truly terrible and it is partially my fault. I did not know that Thai Kitchen now sells pure coconut cream in the same cans as their coconut milk, so I grabbed a can of coconut cream by accident. I decided it couldn't really be that different and might in fact make the popsicles more tasty, but that was a grave error on my part. Coconut cream= vaguely tropical crisco. Even my undiscerning palate of a toddler wasn't tempted by these crisco pops.
I am disappointed, but also now on a mission. I will research the interwebs for less health-minded recipes for pina colada popsicles! I will look at the label on my cans of coconut milk! And I will find a pina colada popsicle recipe that makes me feel like I am sitting on a beach in Mexico!
0 Responses